We have broken down our reviews into the 5 categories we felt were most important to address in considering where you want to go on a night out.
Those categories are:
- Is the street well lit around the venue
- Is the walk from parking a long one, and is it well populated?
- Should you drive, walk, take public transportation?
- If you're taking public transport, how close does it get you to the front door?
- Do you walk through any areas that make you uncomfortable?
- Is there a bar, and what kind of bar is it?
- What type of clientele can you expect to see here on a regular basis?
- What's the layout?
- How many entrances and exits are there?
- Do you feel comfortable in the space?
- Would you feel comfortable there by yourself?
- If you go by yourself, would you sit at the bar or a table?
- Is this a place where you're super comfortable in a group, but not by yourself?
- Are there any reasons you may have an uneasiness about being here?
- Have you had any experiences that make you uncomfortable?
- did people give funny looks when 2 women held hands
- do the servers ask about separate/same checks or was it assumed?
- Are you the only person clearly in your minority group at the venue?
- What's the staff like: is it diverse, do they have a respect for diverse patrons etc.
- how many women are working
- how easy would it be to discreetly approach a female worker to ask for help?
- What's the overall feeling? Is it a pub, a dive bar, an upscale restaurant?
- Is it cramped or spacious
- Is the staff younger or older?
- Does the general decor give off a certain feeling or impression?